Wonderful Things Happen Here!
On behalf of the students, staff and School Council, I would like to welcome you to the Oakleigh Primary School and Kindergarten website. I hope that you enjoy learning more about our school and kindergarten as you navigate your way through our website.
I am very lucky to be the principal of a school that has such a long history of providing State Education and is at the heart of the local community. I am proud of our highly motivated staff, involved and passionate school community and our amazing students who make the future of the world look bright.
Oakleigh Primary School and Kindergarten is committed to providing a high quality education, complemented by a holistic approach to the needs of each child. Inherently we understand that an individual’s wellbeing is the foundation on which success in life is built.
It is important to our community that our students:
- are literate, numerate and confident to take their place in their world
- are successful and personally and socially competent
- have a growth mindset, believing that their abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work - brains and talent are just the starting point
- have the opportunity to communicate ideas and opinions, collaborate and make decisions
- work cooperatively with their peers and the school community
- exhibit the values of honesty, resilience, empathy, respect and the capacity to act with ethical integrity
We encourage students to:
- take responsibility for their own learning and have pride in their accomplishments
- recognise that mistakes are a part of life from which we can learn and forgive
- practise gratitude – develop a sense of wonder and appreciation for the people in their life and the things they do, have and learn
- develop an awareness of their character strengths and what helps or hinders their learning
- develop effective decision making, problem solving, creative and critical thinking skills
- value their own cultures, languages and beliefs and those of others
- undertake leadership roles through a variety of whole school and classroom responsibilities and opportunities
- minimise their carbon footprint by engaging in sustainable practices
I look forward to working with you and our students and making your association with Oakleigh Primary School a fulfilling, productive and a rewarding experience.